Vision & Mission
- Hits: 4954
MISSION STATEMENT AND SCHOOL GOALS
I. VISION AND MISSION
We are fully committed to offering an all-round education enhanced with the Gospel spirit and the virtues of humility, respect, kindness and love.
II. SCHOOL GOALS
Long Term Goals:
(A) Learning and character formation
Canossa students can:
1. lay the foundation for life-long education in a pleasurable learning environment;
2. master biliteracy and trilingualism, express opinions confidently and well use language for communication;
3. build knowledge through enriched experience and reflection;
4. exercise their logical, independent and creative thinking to make rational decisions;
5. improve interpersonal relationship through knowing how to get along with others, mutual respect, acceptance, trust and cooperation;
6. be socially informed and concerned citizens with a global outlook;
7. attain a sense of belonging to the school, responsibility to the family and service spirit to the community, as well as the zeal for justice and righteousness;
8. appreciate Chinese culture and foster a sense of nationhood;
9. nourish true Christian values, particularly humility, respect, kindness as well as love and strive hard to live up to their spirit;
and lead a meaningful life by deepening spiritual literacy.
(B) The school will:
1. explore and provide more learning opportunities for students outside the school.
2. solicit more support from alumnae and parents.
(C) School-based management
To ensure key stakeholders of the school have direct participation in school management, the Government has introduced legislation in 1999 to lay down rules and regulations governing the implementation of school-based management. The Incorporated Management Committee of Canossa College was established in 2013. The school strives to:
1. Ensure that students are supported, cared for and guided in the development of self-esteem, self-confidence;
nurture in them sound moral values and positive outlook on life; provide more autonomy and
room for students and endeavor to enrich their school life.
2. Introduce a participatory governance framework to encourage constructive communication among the school sponsoring body (SSB),
the principal, teachers (teacher manager), parents (parent manager), alumni (alumni manager) and
independent community members (independent manager) so as to contribute to effective school operation.
Short Term Goals:
In accordance with the major concerns as stated in the Annual School Plan.
使 命 宣 言 及 學 校 目 標